بدء فعالية"الشهداء أكاليل الورد" في ضريح الجندي المجهول بدمشق بمشاركة شخصيات لبنانية وعراقية.
الجامعة العربية تقرر وقف عمل بعثة المراقبين العرب في سوريا وليس تجميده خوفاً على حياة المراقبين بعد تعرضهم لحملة إعلامية حسب قولها.
اختطاف ٣ صحفيين هم جون لين اندرسون أمريكي الجنسية، هويدا سعد: لبنانية الجنسية، كريم فهيم: مصري الجنسية، من نيويورك تايمز و نيويوركر، والذين ذهبوا مع المراقبين العرب اليوم لمنطقة رنكوس وانفصلوا عن بعثة المراقبين العرب على مسؤوليتهم.
توقيف أحمد حمدو سعيد البيوش في حي الميدان بدمشق بتهمة المشاركة بمظاهرات غير مرخصة.
مظاهرة طيارة في كفرسوسة لخمسين مناهضة للحكومة تتفرق بعد تصويرها.
ناشطون مؤيدون للحكومة يتهمون ما يسمى بصفحة "الثورة السورية" بتزوير أسماء القتلى بعد ورود اسم القتيل عبد الكريم محجوب من منطقة مسرابا بريف دمشق ضمن أسماء قتلى أمس 27-1-2012 علماً أن اسمه وجد على نفس الصفحة بين أسماء ضحايا يوم 28-11-2011.
وزير الكهرباء: المختطفون الإيرانيون الذين عرضتهم بعض وسائل الإعلام هم مهندسون يعملون في محطة جندر لتوليد الطاقة الكهربائية.
• Anti-government gatherings estimated by 200 people take place in Baba Amr and Karm Al-Shami areas
• Anti-government gatherings take place in Al-Bayada and Al-Waa’r Al-Kadeem and are broadcasted live on Aljazeera Mubasher TV channel.
• 2 explosions happen in Al-Hay Al-Janobi in Daer Ba’alba located in Homs this morning followed by clashes and shootings nearby the Petrochemical University.
• Armed rebels attack a security checkpoint located in Al-Abbasia neighborhood in Homs followed by an explosion. Causalities were recorded.
• A mortar shell was thrown at Wadi Al-Thahab neighborhood located in Homs. Only material damages were recorded.
• The Arab League's mission visits Al-Watani hospital located in Homs after it was attacked by armed rebels last night. The committee also visits the Joint Syrian-Iranian Power Company located in Homs.
• Armed rebels attack an army checkpoint located in Taldo area in Homs which leads to the death of a number of the rebels.
• Information on the present of the free army militia in Al-Rastan area located in Homs.
• 4 security men die and 6 get injured due to clashes between them and armed rebels who tried to cut off Aleppo – Homs highway.
• A civilian dies and 2 others get injured due to an armed rebels’ attack on public transportation nearby Al-Matahen roundabout.
• Clashes between armed rebels and security forces take place in Al-Rastan area and Baba Amr neighborhood located in Homs.
• Hammoud Al-Sha’la, who is a sniper, dies in Karm Al-Zeitoun. Pro-government activists accused him before of killing people in Al-Zahraa neighborhood.
• Bombs were fired on Al-Karabees neighborhood resulting in the injury of a civilian. Bombs were also fired from Al-Arayes neighborhood on Al-Mhatta’s police department resulting in the injury of 4 policemen.
• The arrival of 10 mutilated dead bodies, the heads were cut off, to Al-Watani hospital located in Homs.
• 3 people, one of them is Ahmad Al-Naiem, get arrested in Al-Waleed suburb located in Homs. Their weapons and military uniforms were confiscated.
• Armed rebels in Al-Nazheen neighborhood fire on other neighborhoods which injure Hseen Diab and Shadi Kans.
• Syrian army’s militia kills 6 members of the free army militia after clashes between them that took place in Tal Kalakh.
• Armed rebels attack Kseer’s police department, kidnap 2 policemen and injure 2 others.
• The security forces liberate 7 government supporters who were kidnapped.
• Morning anti-government gatherings take place in Al-Bshairya, Al-Dear Al-Sharki and Al-Hbait areas calling for freedom.
• Shootings happen last night nearby the security forces’ department located in Edlib and in other neighborhoods.
• An all women anti-government gathering estimated by 80 women takes place in Hass town located in Edlib
• A suicide bomber bombs himself in a car nearby a military unit located on Almastoma – Areha highway resulting in the death of a soldier.
• Pro-government activists say that 2 security men were kidnapped by armed men on Sarmeen road.
• Pro-government activists talk about the death of Osama Al-Hafyan and the arrest of Kotayba Al-Mahmoud, who are known leaders of the free army militia, in Al-Zawya mountain located in Edlib.
• An anti-government gathering estimated by 200 people takes place in Karnaz area. Another one takes place in Kastoun area located in Hama’s suburb.
• Shootings followed by 2 explosions happen in Al-Hamedia neighborhood while an explosion happens in Tarek Halab Al-Kadeem area located in Hama.
• Anti-government gatherings estimated by 300 people take place in Al-Latmana village.
• The Arab committee visits Saleh Al-Ali grave located in Bermana Al-Shaikh village in Al-Shaikh Bard area in Tartous simultaneously with the occurrence of a pro-government gathering.
• A pro-government gathering estimated by 300 people takes place in Hsain Al-Baher town.
• The three dams of Tartous reach their maximum storage capacity for the first time in decades.
An anti-government gathering estimated by 100 people takes place in Ebtaa’ village. Another one estimated by 250 people takes place in Em Walad town.
• Mohammad Naseem Al-Horani’s funeral, which took place in Tafs town located in Daraa, turns into an anti-government gathering.
• Armed rebels explode an oil pipeline located nearby Al-Kouria in Dear Al-Zour
• The Arab committee visits the military hospital to inspect the explosion’s victims that happened in Bghdad Street in Albo Kamal last night.
• “Allah Akbar” battalion of the free army militia announces killing Hayyan yousef in Albo Kamal located in Daer Al-Zour.
• Information on anti-government militias’ attempt to cut off Daer Al-Zour - Iraq international highway.
• 2 anti-government gatherings take place in Al-Hamedia and Al-Kouria neighborhoods located in Daer Al-Zour.
• The “martyrs are crowns of roses” motion starts in Al-Jondi Al-Majhoul tomb located in Damascus with the participation of Lebanese and Iraqis.
• The Arab League stops the Arab committee’s mission in Syria and states that it isn’t a temporary phase to protect the observers’ lives.
• 3 journalists: the American John Len Anderson, the Lebanese Hwaida Saa’d and the Egyptian Kareem Faheem who work for New York times and New Yorker visit Rankous area with the Arab committee and get kidnapped after leaving the committee.
• 28 funerals for security men and soldiers, one of them is the coronal Loai Mohammad Al-Nokkari’s funeral, take place in different Syrian cities.
• Ahmad Hamdo Saied Al-Bayoush is arrested in Al-Midan neighborhood located in Damascus under the charges of participating in unlicensed demonstrations.
• An anti-government gathering estimated by 50 people took place in Kafar Sousa and was dispersed just after it was videotaped.
• Pro-government activists accuse the so-called “the Syrian revolution” page by the Forgery of victims’ names since it mentioned Abd Al-Kareem Mahjob’s from Masraba under last night’s victims list while he was also mentioned on the same page under the 28-11-2011 victims’ list.